• 156

    Leith Theatre
    0 reviews

  • Leith Theatre was a gift from the people of Edinburgh to the people of Leith following the decision on 10th October 1920 to incorporate the Burgh of Leith into Edinburgh. Works commenced in 1929 and it opened in 1932. The theatre suffered bomb damage in 1941 and closed until 1961. It closed again in 1988.

    Leith Theatre Trust was established in 2004 as a community trust to examine the options for the re-use of the theatre complex.

    Following an extensive feasibility exercise, which demonstrated that there is a viable future for the theatre, the Council’s Leisure and Cultural Services Committee voted at the end of April 2012 to begin negotiations to grant the Trust a 5 year licence over the theatre in order to develop these ideas.

    The trust took on the lease at the beginning of 2016 and we are building the profile, number of events and fundraising to bring the main theatre back to its former glory. If you want to donate, lend a hand or rent our smaller TM Hall then please email office@leiththeatretrust.org

    Donate at https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/leiththeatretrust

  • PHOTO GALLERY

  • Ratings

    0.0
    (0 ratings)

    Give us a rating