Coming Home Establishing a Home Practice with MattCommunity
17 November 12:30 - 14:30
1. Disciplined and dedicated practice or learning
2. Dedication to an aim
3. from Sanskrit sādh for 'bring about'
Developing a home yoga practice can be daunting. Away from the peaceful atmosphere of the studio, and in the absence of a vigilant and encouraging teacher, an unguided home practice is a very different experience. Autonomy can be overwhelming, finding time and motivation is often a challenge, and distractions tend to be rife in your own environment. But a regular disciplined home practice is the ‘holy grail’ for the advanced yogi. So where to begin?
In this 2 hour workshop, we will delve into the makings of a successful home practice – including:
• building your sadhana, exploring the many aspects of a yoga practice – from asana and pranayama, to mantra, chanting and meditation – and deciding what is right for you
• Inspiration, sequencing and safety of your asana self-practice
• Intuitive practice – responding to the needs of your body, heart, mind and soul
• Developing discipline and focus, avoiding distractions
• Scheduling dedicated time and creating a sacred space for your practice
• Practicing Patanjali’s 8 limbs off the mat – how to extend your yoga practice into your day, your life and the world.
Join us for this rewarding and insightful workshop, and learn how to bring your yoga home.
Focused at practitioners keen on starting or deepening a home practice.
2hr Yoga Workshop
Investment £25/£20 (Sunshine Yoga Members)
Book online at www.edinburghsunshineyoga.com/book-in or via the ticket link above to save a space and visit us on the mat :)